Suburban spaces, major roads or city centres, we elevate public infrastructure for the collective benefit of all those who use it.
Improving the appearance of an area is not just to make people feel good when they visit, shop, work or live there – although that’s a very important benefit. Upgraded, attractive public spaces are healthier, safer and cleaner for everyone.
Members of public want to use such areas and businesses are more likely to invest, to build or to trade there, improving the economy and creating jobs.
The type of work we do differs from place to place but our aim is always to create high quality public spaces and pedestrian routes that encourage better access for all, including those with mobility or sensory issues. As well as pedestrian/traffic interfaces, we refurbish existing, and create new, parks and squares, inviting spaces where people from all communities can meet, relax and enjoy the surroundings.
Our Public Realm Work Includes:
- Improving street lighting.
- Drainage improvements.
- Widening footpaths.
- Adding street furniture such as seating, planters and bins.
- Planting trees, shrubs and flowers.
- Replacement of existing surfaces.
- Improving traffic flows.
- Providing public art and features.
- Creating or improving facilities such as multi-use games. areas and playparks.