We aim to leave a lasting, positive legacy wherever we work, improving communities beyond the infrastructure we create.
Social value comes in many forms and means different things to different people.
For us, social value means that on all our projects we support…
- Local businesses through local spend & collaboration,
- Local employment,
- Skills, education & training,
- Provide a diverse & inclusive workplace,
- Enhanced community engagement and
- Volunteering and charitable contributions.
We record and measure our social value using the Thrive social value platform; we’ve set ourselves the target of delivering social value equivalent to 30% of our turnover in 2023/24 (up from 20% in 2022/23) and we use the Impact Evaluation Standard to set the framework for our social value plan.
Octavius has experience on a wide range of social value projects across the UK. Read more about them below.